Rectangular sapphire windows and square sapphire windows are manufactured regularly at Guild Optics. Rectangular sapphire windows are excellent at protecting delicate optics due to their superior strength and transmission. Rectangular sapphire windows can also be used as viewports in high pressure or vacuum situations. Square sapphire pressure windows can be made much thinner than other optical glasses due to sapphire’s high modulus of rupture.
Guild Optics Rectangular Sapphire Window Manufacturing Capabilities:
- Diagonals: From 1 mm (.039”) to 305 mm (12”) in any optical axis
- Thickness: Varies by Diameter but can be sub millimeter and up
- Flatness: Varies by thickness but can be 1/20 wave or better if needed
- Parallelism: Varies by size but can be as tight as 1 arc second
- Surface Quality: Down to 10/5 Scratch/Dig
- Quantities from singles to full large scale production runs
Guild Optical Associates makes a charitable donation of sapphire windows each year.